|Cyberes c1988263d6||1 month ago|
|module||1 month ago|
|.gitignore||1 month ago|
|LICENSE||1 month ago|
|README.md||1 month ago|
|export.py||1 month ago|
|package-lock.json||1 month ago|
|package.json||2 years ago|
|requirements.txt||1 month ago|
- Reorganized the project structure.
- Refactored the code to make it more Pythonic.
- Added progress bars.
- Use threading where possible.
- Save assignment attachements.
- Save all user files.
The Canvas Student Data Export Tool can export nearly all of a student's data from Instructure Canvas Learning Management System (Canvas LMS). This is useful when you are graduating or leaving your college or university, and would like to have a backup of all the data you had in canvas. Also, some instructors disable the built-in export tool.
The tool exports all of the following data for each course:
- Single file webpage of the Canvas page for assignments, announcements, discussions, and modules
Additionally, all your files stored on Canvas (such as historic submissions and attachments) will be downloaded.
pip install -r requirements.txt npm install
Make sure you have Chomium or Chrome installed. Currently, the executable path is hardcoded to
module/singlefile.py. If you are not on Linux or do not use Chromium, you will need to change the path.
- Get your Canvas API key by going to Canvas and navigating to
New Access Token
- Get your Canvas User ID at
- Save your cookies for your Canvas domain
Then, create the file
credentials.yaml with the following content:
API_URL: [ base Canvas URL of your institution ] API_KEY: [ API Key from Canvas ] USER_ID: [ user ID from Canvas ] COOKIES_PATH: [ path to cookies file ]
credentials.yaml is in the same directory as
Now, run the program:
./output will be created and your data downloaded to this path.